Sunday, December 12, 2010

21st Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: Night 2

5 minutes to noon on a random Wednesday in November, I sat at my desk and my palms started to sweat as I anxiously watched the clock.  At exactly 12pm tickets to Night 2 of KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas would go on sale and 2 tickets were destined to be mine. 

I'm not a typical concert goer.  I wish I was, but frankly, I'd much rather spend my money on food and clothes than paying 2 weeks worth of groceries for one night of watching bands that I can hear during my commute at higher quality.  Not that I don't appreciate live music, I do... I just love food, clothes, and my money a lot more. 

But this time was different.  My new found love for The Black Keys had driven me to a sense of madness when I discovered that they didn't have any stops in LA for the rest of their tour.  That all changed when I found out that they were gracing Los Angeles with their presence as part of the lineup at KROQ'S AAC. 


After 13 minutes and a barrage of friends helping to secure tickets, I had the tickets waiting in my inbox.  A hipster's dream come true--or in my case, a hipster-poser's dream come true.

The lineup:
Phoenix
Vampire Weekend
Brandon Flowers
The Black Keys
The Temper Trap
Neon Trees
Florence &The Machine
Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
Broken Bells

The result: 4 1/2 hours of eargasms (give or take a few songs), a rotating stage, Patrick Carney banging the life out of his Ludwigs, Florence's voice box entrancing all lost souls in the greater LA area,  Phoneix's psychedelic laser light show, 5000+ people, and the occasional puffed cloud of kush that would waft past our seats. 

The Black Keys

My mental state of mind: Musical Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment